Saturday, July 21, 2012

Is what you believe the truth?

I have been reading, The 40 Day Soulfast", by Dr. Cindy Trimm which has been such a tremendous blessing in my life. Throughout my reading I came accross a statement that really caught my spiritual and natural attention. I must admitt that truly I'am a deep thinker and analyzer of things. When I read this statement, "It isn't truth that controls you, but what you believe to be true". That statement had me looking at my own beliefs and things that through my belief in them have become my truth but I must admitt they are not, THE TRUTH". How many things have you believed that have been spoken in your natural ears and allowed them to become YOUR TRUTH? Your belief in what is spoken in your life becomes YOUR TRUTH. Regardless of what others believe about you(that is their truth about you), if you do not believe it, it is still not YOUR TRUTH. So, by now you are probably thinking, "What is she trying to say?". What I am saying to you is that the one and ONLY truth that we should believe for our life is the truth of God's word. He created you and he knows you better than you know yourself so he knows what is true about you, anything contrary to what God's word says about you is a LIE! His word says that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, it's the TRUTH, his word says, "You are more than a conqueor", and it is the TRUTH, his word says that, he has inscribed you on the palms of his hands, it is the truth, his word says that, You are never alone because he is with you even till the ends of the earth, it is the truth, his word says, that he is near to those who are of a broken spirit, it is the truth. Only God's word is the TRUTH. Anything else that you have been told, heard, thought, felt or even BELIEVED that was contrary to HIS word is a LIE. I know that it is difficult to believe but, yes, he was there all the time even when you thought he was not, which led to your belief that Jesus walked out on you his word says that he will never leave us nor forsake us. I know that you might have been told that you were never going to be anything and maybe even that you were ugly and damaged goods but God's word tells YOU that YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made and guess what even your soul knows this, so all you need to do is BELIEVE!!!! My question to you again is, "Is what YOU believe the TRUTH? If you will allow me, I want to help you decide if what you believe is the truth. Ask yourself one question, not two or three, just this one question. Is what I believe in line with what God's word says about me? If you can not answer that question then what you believe is a LIE!!!! Yes, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens YOU! That is the truth, why, because it is the word of GOD. I strongly admonish you, just as I have had to do, to get in the word of God and find out what the TRUTH really is and BELIEVE what God's word has to say concerning you. If you struggle with believing what his word has to say concerning you, PRAY and ask him to help you to believe his word. Once you believe something to be the truth, you start governing your life by that truth and it becomes THE TRUTH to you and all those who are watching your life they began to believe and it becomes THE TRUTH to them! Let's all commit to getting more into our bible and finding out THE TRUTH in the days to come. God bless!

2 comments:

Living APage at a Time said...

Interesting perspective. God bless you in your pursuit of His truth! Moma A

Angela Page said...

Interesting perspective. Blessings as you pursue His truth. Moma A